Changing Face Shape with “Fat Grafting” Technique
Facial Fat Graft or changing face shape with fat removing technique has been developed for decade. In the past, there was the problem that when moving the fat, it lost. Thus, it was not quite popular. When the medical field has been developed to Regenerative Medicine, there is an idea that fat is the tissue which has the internal system for preservation, that is to say it is the cell with the fat inside and has the stem cell on the cortex. It preserves fat and substitute the dead fat. Thus, in order to remove fat, it should consider to move the cell that preserves it at the same time as well as add insulin, some growth factors or cortex cell of fat. As a result, fat existence increases to 70%.
After having face analysis, use blunt cannula to gouge before injecting fat (such as Rhinoplasty). Then, choose the position of fat suction: lower abdomen or external thigh, and inject the anesthetic before making a hole for 3 millimeter. Inject liquid that is the composition of anesthetic, saline and adrenaline and leave it for 15-30 minutes. After that, start fat suction. If it is needed to suck the cell cortex, make double fat suction, which has high cost. Then, use the appropriate needle injects on the desired position. It can be done on all positions on the face: cheekbone, canthus, forehead, nasolabial folds, under the lower lip or eliminate wrinkles. Because fat is the tissue of the individual, it is very natural and soft like general skin. However, it might swell in the first week. Do not apply a massage during the early stage because the fat will lose. It will be set within 6 week. Re-inject for 2-3 times and it will be completely set.
1. Fat cells are from the patient himself, so it will not cause allergy or have long-term reaction. After injection, it will connected and becomes the natural tissues of hypodermis. Moreover, it increases skin quality.
2. There is no cost for medicine because it is the patient’s fat whereas the expense for filter costs per cc.
3. Fat has Opaque yellow color so it helps to brighten skin. On the other hand, filter is translucent which may be visible as a black mark if the patient’ skin is light and thin.
4. In case of too much injection or having the mark, massage to eliminate it.
5. It is safe because the blunt needle is used. There is very small chance that it will get into the vein or cause the complications.
Disadvantages and Risk
1. Fat cells are alive. The size varies when we are getting fat or losing weight. Thus, the best time to do fat grafting is when we have no plan to lose or gain weight.
2. There is some impermanent effect on facial nerve. The face may distort and be numb for 2-3 weeks. It will recover after that.
3. If it is not the new technique, lot of fat will lose. It may cause the knotty skin and infection.