- Rhinoplasty with soft and flexible silicone
- Rhinoplasty with fat
- Rhonoplasty Correction
- Rhinoplasty with Cartilageneus graft
Rhinoplasty is to repair the structure or correct nose shape to fit the face shape. Man or woman who has a flat nose or an unbalanced nose is able to have rhinoplasty. Moreover, it is good for persons who would like to better their appearance or reinforce self-confidence.
Materials for Rhinoplasty
There are two types of material for rhinoplasty.
1. Bone or cartilage from the patient’s body
2. Synthetic material (Silicone) that is suitable for aesthetic surgery. It has no harm to the body and only used in medical purpose only.
1. Use anesthesia or the local anesthetic and the tranquilizer depending on the surgeon’s consideration.
2. Surgeon will mark the line in the sinus, at the alar nasi to make a pocket at the bridge of the nose (lining the surgery line inside the sinus, the wound will be invisible).
3. Insert a decorated and shaped silicone bar into the bridge of the nose.
4. Suture and apply layers of plaster or cast to support the nose shape.
Surgery Duration and Recovery Period
The surgical step takes about 45 minutes. The patient has to recuperate for one hour after surgery to apply cold compress before going home. Surgeon will make appointment to stitch off within 5-4 days after surgery.
Treatment after Rhinoplasty
1. Apply a refreshing towel or ice pack for 24-48 hours. If there is a bruise, apply warm compress or apply warm rice wrapping in cloth.
2. 24 hours after surgery, the patient will have a headache, pain at the nose, and face swelling. Take a medicine prescribed by the surgeon.
3. The nose will swell for 2-3 days. After 3 days, take off the plaster or cast.
4. Three day or one week after surgery, the patient can return to work but has to avoid some activities such as running, swimming, bending, engaging in sexual intercourse, blowing and rubbing nose.
5. See the doctor after one week - three months as the doctor appointed. In general, the nose will be in place in 3 months. The swelling reduces 60% in the first week, 80% in the first month and 90-100% within 3 months.
Alar Reduction Surgery
Since we have skillful doctor who has experience in surgery, we have many techniques for Alarplasty depending on the problem of alar base, for instance, internal alar base surgery or external alar base surgery. Surgeon will consider and choose the best technique that is suitable for patient.
Alar Reduction Surgery is to repair the bottom nose to match the bridge of the nose and the upper nose, repair the large alar, reduce the size of nostril and the alar. The important structure of alar is cartilage. It looks like the internal core of alar to form the nose shape. If the cartilage is abnormal, it affects the nose shape. Thus, the solution is to have cartilage surgery. The large alar, wide nostril and wide alar can be repaired. However, to reduce the alar size, it is normally repaired on the side of alar, which only consists of skin and muscle without the cartilage. All surgery scars will be hidden on the edge of alar and be invisible. After alarplasty for the wide alar, the nose will be fine and match with the bridge of nose. The smaller nostril will perfectly fit the face shape. Only fix the small thing would result in the worthy outcome.
1. Clean the surgery area and the sinus.
2. Take hypnotic to relieve stress and to avoid the pain when injecting local anesthetic.
3. Give local anesthetic at the alar.
4. Remove the excess tissues and rearrange the alar base. In this step, the surgeon will identify the width of nostril.
5. Suture the wound (sutures materials used depending on the surgeon consideration).
Surgery Duration and Recovery Period
The surgical step takes about 30 minutes. Recuperate for one hour to apply cold cloth or ice pack and to recover from hypnotic before going home. Surgeon will make appointment to stitch off in the next 5-7 days.
Treatment after Alar Reduction Surgery
1. Put the head in higher position to reduce swelling.
2. Apply warm compress for 2-3 days.
3. Take off the plaster after 3 days.
4. Apply cream or antibiotic ointment with the cotton 2-3 times a day. Do not let the wound get wet.
5. Take medicine as prescribed by doctor.
6. See the surgeon for stitch off.